Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Adam Kuban: What will you do to sufficiently prepare for your story at Minnetrista on July 4th?

So far I have prepared for the story at Minnetrista by reading up on the Fourth of July. I feel it is important to understand what the day is about and why it is such an important day. It is also to prevent myself from asking obvious questions that may have answers easily accessible from the internet.

I have also looked at older news reports on the event to have an idea of what goes on during the event. Since Independence Day is an annual event, there might be similar things that will happen. For example, the Hometown Band will be performing again and getting some information on that will make this assignment slightly easier.

I have prepared some questions to ask on the day itself so that I will know what to focus on. The focus will change if something more interesting happens on that day.

To ensure things go smoothly that day, I will double (maybe even triple) check my equipment to make sure they are fully-charged and ready to go! It's going to be a busy day tomorrow and having enough sleep is a must. Now I just need to pray and hope I won't get tongue-tied while asking questions. (I'm also crossing my fingers and hoping everything will go well.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, Kelvin! I like that you investigated past news reports in order to learn about the event. Very resourceful of you!

    Try to find the original story or a unique angle if you can...something that seems out-of-the-ordinary from what your research revealed.

    -Adam

    ReplyDelete